Author Topic: 5/9/2019 Note from the President Lyman Foulkes - K7lwf  (Read 2512 times)

KF7SOV

• KF7SOV
  • Administrator
  • Spark Gap
5/9/2019 Note from the President Lyman Foulkes - K7lwf
« on: May 09, 2019, 10:15:37 PM »
   Just a quick reminder to all the members that this Saturday is our General Club Meeting. Hoping to see you all there as we
need to discuss further arrangements in regards to the upcoming Field Day Events.  Please bring your ideas.                                                                                 Things that need to be talked about would the funding for the food, who will bring radios, who will be interested in spending
the night, who is willing to bring the barbecues and briquettes. Don and Tonya will be handling the menu however the
majority of the food will be potluck. I was looking for an e-mail Don and Tonya sent me in regards to the menu but I seem to have lost it.
    Don volunteered to do the cooking and as I remember they mentioned brats and burgers for Saturday lunch. Anyone that would like
 to have dinner is urged to bring up ideas for that meal as well as Sunday morning breakfast. Coffee and donuts would be nice so if
anyone has a large coffee maker please speak up.
   Wayne will be bringing his tower minus the batteries. Having a battery or two would be nice though not essential, either a car
battery or a marine battery would work. Wayne has also generously offered to bring his computer for logging in contacts.
   It seems we have all the needed antennas except for a 2m and 440 rig. If anyone has one they can offer for use for two days again
it would be greatly appreciated.
   If there are things I am missing in regards to Field Day please let me know. I'm still very new to this and wish to thank you all
in advance for your help, participation and ideas. 
   On another subject, I would like to have all the members contact Wayne in regards to  your username and passwords for the clubs
website. Wayne has built and maintained a very nice website for the club but unfortunately it hasn't been utilized to any great degree.
   As I am sure you all know computers and web pages are here to stay and seem to be very popular with the younger generation
of future ham radio operators. I believe that in order to keep the club alive we need to recruit new members. One of the easier methods to
accomplish this goal is to get our name out there and let folks know what we're all about.
   Photos of your ham station would be nice to start things out with. We can start adding things such as a Q&A page. Maybe something
like a radio forum were new hams can ask the more seasoned and knowledgeable hams the questions they might think are to dumb to
ask in public, I'm sure we've all been there at least once lol.
    Please think of some creative, out of the box ideas, even if it seems like a bit of a nutty idea it just might be the ticket that works. All
ideas are welcome.
     Once again, please contact Wayne for a username and password and lets get some product on the web and remember to come to
the meeting with thoughts and ideas a plenty.
                                                                                                                Thanks and see you Saturday,
                                                                                                                                                     Lyman Foulkes - K7lwf
                                                                                                            President - Burley Ham Radio Club
You know that nice big smile that you get from your wife when you put up another antenna? Yeah I've never seen that smile either.